NEW GLOW & LIFE TO YOUR FURNITURE
Leather is a natural material, so it needs to be regularly treated and moisturised to prevent it from drying out. This can cause the leather to crack or split, and once it does, there's no going back. We recommend cleaning your leather furniture before treating it, since this will allow the leather to better take in the treatment.
Remember, though, that a patina can increase the value of leather.
"Patinated leather—which has become worn after numerous years of use—can easily make an old designer chair worth two or three times the value of a new one" — Thomas Schlosser
- Remove dust by wiping the leather with a lightly damp cloth. When cleaning raw leather, use a dry cloth.
- Mix soap flakes (for cleaning furniture) with lukewarm water
- Stir the soap flakes in thoroughly to eliminate all clumps
- Wash the leather with the solution, using a soft, damp cloth. When cleaning raw leather, avoid using too much water; just use the foam.
- Afterwards, dry the leather with a soft tea towel.
If you used soap flakes made specifically for leather furniture, you have already added oils to the leather.
Often, you will need to add additional oils to the leather to keep it soft and moisturised:
- Apply leather conditioner with a soft cloth — err on the side of using too much, rather than too little
- Allow it to be absorbed for a few hours (8-12 hours, if possible)
- Remove excess leather conditioner with a clean, soft cloth
We recommend repeating this leather treatment process 2 to 4 times a year, depending on your environment and use habits.
Additionally, the leather should be at room temperature for this process, in order for the leather to take in the treatment as effectively as possible.
Avoid placing your leather furniture in direct sunlight or exposing it to high heat. Always use synthetic cleaners and avoid sharp objects, which will damage the leather.
It's a good idea to vacuum your leather furniture weekly with a vacuum attachment that has a soft tip.
Like always you are more than welcome to contact us with any question you might have!